There are many effective techniques that you can do for heart chakra healing, but using crystals, meditation, and affirmations is a great place to start. In this article, we will discuss how to use each of these healing methods to open up your heart chakra. We will also discuss the benefits of doing so. If you are looking for ways to improve your self-love and compassion, then read on!
What is the heart chakra and what does it do?
The heart chakra represents our ability to love and be loved. When this chakra is open, we experience deep compassion, unconditional love, self-love, and sensuality. We feel a strong sense of connection with others and nature. We easily give and receive love.
When the heart chakra is imbalanced or blocked, we may feel lonely, disconnected from others, or like we are not worthy of love.
Heart Chakra Associations
- Sanskrit Name: Anahata
- Meaning: Sound that is made without any two things striking
- Location: Center of the chest
- Symbol: A twelve-petaled lotus flower containing two intersecting triangles that make up a six-pointed star demonstrating the perfect harmony between matter and spirit
- Color: Green/pink
- Element: Air
- Ruling Planet: Venus
- Zodiac Sign: Libra, Taurus
- Crystals: Emerald, Rose quartz, Tourmaline, Green Jade, Green Aventurine, Green Calcite
- Incense/Essential Oils: Rose, Bergamont
- Mantra: Yum
Heart Chakra Characteristics
- Too open: Possessive, loves conditionally
- Blocked: feels unworthy to receive love, fears rejection, self-pitying
- Balanced: loves unconditionally, compassionate, forgiving
How to identify if your heart chakra is blocked
A blocked heart chakra can manifest in many ways, but some common symptoms are a lack of compassion or empathy for others, feelings of loneliness or isolation, a general feeling of apathy or emptiness, and difficulty forming and maintaining close relationships. In addition, a blocked heart chakra may cause the following symptoms:
- Feelings of emptiness or loneliness
- Depression or sadness
- Lack of self-love or self-confidence
- Difficulty trusting others or feeling unsupported
- Anxiety, fear, or panic attacks
- Problems with relationships, both personal and professional
Heart Chakra Healing Using Crystals
There are many different ways that you can use crystals to heal your heart chakra. Some people like to wear heart chakra stones as jewelry, others carry them in their pockets, and still others place them on their altar or meditation space.
Here are a few of the most popular crystals for healing the heart chakra:
– Rose Quartz: This is the stone of love and compassion. It helps to open the heart chakra and promote feelings of love, forgiveness, and self-acceptance.
– Green Aventurine: This crystal is known as the “luck stone” because it is thought to bring good luck, abundance, and prosperity. It is also a heart chakra stone that can help to heal emotional wounds and promote feelings of love and compassion.
– Rhodonite: This crystal helps to soothe the emotions and calm the mind. It is an excellent stone for helping to heal past emotional trauma.
– Watermelon Tourmaline: This crystal is a powerful heart chakra stone that is said to promote healing of the heart and emotions. It can also help to bring peace and calm to the mind.
To do this meditation, you will need:
– A quiet place where you will not be disturbed
– A comfortable place to sit or lie down
– A crystal for each chakra (seven in total)
– A piece of rose quartz
– A piece of amethyst
– A piece of green aventurine
First, find a comfortable place to sit or lie down. You may want to play some calming music if it helps you to relax. Then, hold the crystal for each chakra in your hand.
Start with the rose quartz for the heart chakra. Visualize a pink light emanating from the crystal and entering your heart chakra. Imagine this light filling your entire body with love and healing energy.
When you are finished, take a few deep breaths and feel the energy of love and healing flowing through your entire being. You can carry the crystals with you throughout the day or place them in a special spot in your home or office to continue to receive their benefits.
Heart Chakra Meditation with Crystals
The first step in performing this meditation is to find a comfortable place to sit or lie down. You may want to play some soft, calming music to help you relax. Once you are settled, hold your chosen crystal in your hand and close your eyes. Focus on your breath and begin to breathe deeply.
As you inhale, visualize a green light entering your body through your nose. This green light represents the energy of the heart chakra. See this light moving down into your chest and filling up your heart space. Hold this visualization for a few moments.
Now, on the exhale, visualize any negativity or tension that you are feeling leaving your body through your mouth. This could be anything that is causing you stress or anxiety. See this negativity being released from your body and replaced with the green light of the heart chakra.
Continue to breathe deeply and focus on this visualization for as long as you like. When you are finished, open your eyes and take a few moments to journal about your experience.
Now that you know how to do a heart chakra meditation with crystals, you can start incorporating this into your daily practice. Remember to be patient and kind to yourself as you begin exploring meditation and working with crystals.
Heart Chakra Affirmations with Crystals
Sit or lie down in a comfortable position. Place your crystals on your heart chakra (center of your chest) or hold them in your hands. You can also try placing different crystals around you in a circle for added protection and energy. Close your eyes and take several deep, cleansing breaths.
As you inhale, imagine pure white light entering your body and filling you with love, light, and healing energy. As you exhale, release any negativity, tension, or stress that you may be holding onto.
Begin to repeat your affirmations out loud or in your head. Some examples include:
- I am worthy of love and compassion
- I forgive myself and others
- I am open to receiving love
- I am surrounded by love and light
- I release all negativity and judgment
- I am grateful for the love in my life
- I radiate love and compassion in all that I do
- My heart is full of forgiveness, understanding, and acceptance
- I live from my heart with authenticity, integrity, and courage
Continue repeating your affirmations for as long as you feel comfortable. When you’re ready, open your eyes and take a few deep breaths. You can also repeat Rose Quartz affirmations to heal your heart chakra and attract love.
How to heal your the heart chakra with essential oils
Aromatherapy has powerful healing properties that can awaken feelings of love and forgiveness. To open your heart chakra with aromatherapy, start by diffusing rose or ylang-ylang oil. You can also add a few drops of oil to your bathwater or massage it into your skin.
As you inhale the fragrance of these oils, visualize a green light shining from your heart center and filling your entire body
There are several other ways to use essential oils for the heart chakra. One way is to put a few drops of oil on your fingertips and inhale deeply. You can also apply the oil to your chest or neck area. Another way to use essential oils is to add them to a diffuser and let the aroma fill the room.
One of my favorite essential oils for the heart chakra is rose oil. Rose oil has a beautiful, soothing scent that can help to open up the heart chakra. Other good essential oils for the heart chakra include geranium, lavender, and jasmine.
Place a few drops of rose oil on your fingertips and temples.
Inhale the scent of geranium oil before bed to soothe the nervous system.
Diffuse jasmine oil during your meditation practice or add a few drops to your bathtub.
Yoga Asanas to heal and balance your heart chakra
-Camel pose for emotional balance and self-love
-Fish pose for heart opening and stress relief
-Gate pose for compassion and empathy.
Additional tips for healing your heart chakra
- Spend time in nature
- Write down your feelings in a journal
- Listen to music that makes you feel happy and uplifted
- Spend time with loved ones and animals
- Do something kind for someone else every day
- Practice forgiveness, both of yourself and others. Start by forgiving someone who has hurt you in the past, even if they are not sorry. This will help to release any resentment you may be holding onto.
- Wear the color green or pink
- Diffuse essential oils like rose, geranium, or jasmine in your home or office
- Eat foods that are green and pink like watermelon, strawberries, and pistachios
Heart chakra healing is a powerful way to restore balance in your life. If you’re feeling out of sorts, or like something is blocking your energy, working on your heart chakra could be the answer. By using crystals, meditation and affirmations, you can start the process of healing and restoring balance in your life.
We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
All content is strictly for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, medical or other expert advice.