Mars, the Red Planet, is the planet of fiery passion and energy. It is an action planet. Energy, passion, drive and determination are all attributes of Mars energy. Mars crystals are associated with the color red. You can use Mars crystals to harness the power this energizing planet.
What are the Most Powerful Mars Crystals
Stone of creativity
A powerful Mars crystal, Carnelian promotes courage, and motivates for success.
Carnelian helps in boosting one’s self-esteem and feelings of self-worth. It helps overcome negative conditioning and encourages steadfastness.
Carnelian helps boost the Sacral Chakra to restore vitality and motivation, and stimulates creativity. You can also use Carnelian affirmations to open the chakra and program the crystal with your intention.
Carnelian controls the fiery Mars nature, calms anger, banishes emotional negativity and replaces it with a love of life.
Carnelian is conveniently available on Amazon.
Chakras: Root Chakra, Sacral Chakra
Zodiac: Taurus, Cancer, Leo, Virgo
Vibration: Numbers 5 and 6
Colors: Clear-to-translucent red brown which may vary from a pale orange to pink, or from gray to an intense almost black.
Stone of passion
As a Mars crystal, Garnet brings fiery passion and love to your relationships. Garnet balances the sex drive and alleviates emotional disharmony. Garnet removes inhibitions and taboos. It opens the heart and bestows self-confidence. Garnet activates and strengthens the survival instinct, bringing courage and hope.
A stone of commitment, Red Garnet represents love. It revitalizes feelings and enhances sexuality, bringing warmth, devotion, understanding, trust, sincerity and honesty to a relationship. Red Garnet controls anger, especially toward the self.
You can find a large selection of quality Garnet crystals and jewelry on Amazon.
Chakras: Root Chakra, Heart Chakra
Zodiac: Aries, Leo, Virgo
Vibration: Number 2
Stone of courage
Bloodstone encourages selflessness and idealism. It helps in acting in the present moment. On the emotional side, Bloodstone calms and revitalizes the mind, dispels confusion and enhances decision-making. Assists in adjusting to unaccustomed circumstances. Reduces irritability, aggressiveness and impatience.
Chakras: Root Chakra
Zodiac: Aries, Libra, Pisces
Vibration: Numbers 4 and 6
Colors: Dark green / greenish-blue with small red blood-like spots
What is the Meaning of the Mars in Astrology and Spirituality?
Mars in Aries is a fiery and impulsive energy that feeds off of confrontation. However, this does not mean you should avoid it at all costs. In fact, the contrary may be true if you want to harness this powerful planet’s energy for your own purposes. If you are considering entering a competition or putting yourself out there more than usual, consider what phase Mars is in currently so that you can take advantage of its power without getting burned by it too often.
Mars Correspondences and Meaning
- Mars Zodiac Signs: Mars is the traditional ruling planet of Aries and Scorpio and is exalted in Capricorn.
- Mars symbolism: Mars represents our ability to act based on our desires. The ability to remain true to who we are in the face of the pressure to change; to maintain our true nature against threats.
- Mars temperament: Electric, forceful, active, hot, dry, and barren.
- Mars qualities: Desire, drive, will toward action, initiative, and physical energy.
- Mars urges: Self-assertive and aggressive; sex urge; urge to act decisively.
- Mars needs: Need to achieve desires; need for physical and sexual excitement.
- Mars colors: Red, Scarlet, and Carmine.
- Mars Musical note: G.
- Mars metals: Iron.
Positive and Negative Aspects of Mars
Each planetary energy can be expressed positively or negatively. The astrological aspect to each planet must be analyzed in order to understand that degree of harmony or discord affecting the individual.
Positive Expression of Mars Energy
- Will-power consciously directed toward a legitimate aim.
Negative Expression of Mars Energy
- Improper use of force.
How to Use Crystals to Channel Mars Energy
- Sit in a comfortable position and relax.
- Hold a Mars or red crystal in your hand.
- Visualize the planet Mars above your head orbiting in space. You can use a symbol or picture of the planet Mars to help you in visualization.
- See the planet Mars glow and shine with a beautiful red light.
- Picture a beam of bright red light shoot out from the planet Mars and shine down on you, and charge your crystal.
- Feel the energy of the planet Mars cover your body.
- Sit in this glow for five or 10 minutes.
Each of the planets in our solar system has a corresponding crystal. These planet crystals have been used for centuries by cultures all over the world as symbols and talismans that remind us of their energy, beauty, and power.
The energies of Mars can be felt through its corresponding crystal. In order to align with the positive energies of Mars, you can wear its crystal on your body. This increases the chance that it will have a positive effect on you by helping you attune with Mars’s positive energies and avoid any negative ones.
We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
All content is strictly for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, medical or other expert advice.